Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A word of explanation

About the title. I've used that word online a few other places, but its origins go back further: back to this snippet from a Star Wars parody script that I plotted out in my head but have yet to properly transcribe:

Micah: You call that swing?
Buckethead: Are you insulting my swingitude? My swingitudinosity? My swingitudinositatiousness?
Micah: Yes, I am. You wouldn't know swing if it kicked you in the face.
Buckethead: Ow. That hurts. That hurts a lot. It hurts like... like you took a big garbage bag full of... hurtful things... and you hurt me with them! Do you know how much that would hurt?
Micah: How much?
Buckethead: I don't know. You tell me.
Micah: Why should I tell you?! It's your stupid metaphor!
Buckethead: Oh, now you don't like my metaphoragizery!

Actually, it was a simile. That's right, I was this close to calling myself Similigizery.

About the quote at the top of the page. It's by St. Paul, from Thessalonians 5:20-21, (ESV).

About Sammy B. It's not my real name. You can't handle my real name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can handle it. Try me. ;)

(found you through sf59fans, I think)

Anonymous said...

Blog something! Anything! :)